Fad or must have?
If you’re someone who shops for skincare, you’ve surely noticed that hyaluronic acid serums are everywhere. So is hyaluronic acid just the latest trendy ingredient or a skincare must have?
What is Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid, also known as hyaluronan, is a substance (a sugar molecule, actually) that is naturally produced by your skin. It helps retain water and keeps skin tissues moist, plump and flexible. But just like with collagen and elastin that are also naturally occurring, our bodies produce less of it as we age.
Some doctors believe an antioxidant rich diet of fruit and veggies can help stimulate production of hyaluronic acid by protecting the skin from inflammation and thereby helping retain it. But since it’s readily available in high quality skincare products and offers so many benefits, why not add hyaluronic acid to your routine?
Hyaluronic Acid Serum Benefits
You’ll want to use topical hyaluronic acid regularly. Here’s why:
- It adds moisture, making skin feel softer and more radiant
- Hydrated skin makes lines and wrinkles less visible
- It boosts collagen production and increases the rate of cell turnover which helps restore skin elasticity
- It works on any skin type without irritation
- Some research suggests that it has antioxidant properties, which is a great protection against pollution and other harmful effects
You can use hyaluronic acid serum daily, even twice a day. Be sure to apply it to clean, damp skin. And then use a moisturizer or night creme to lock in all that great moisture.
No wonder hyaluronic acid serum is all the rage in skincare. You can get your daily dose of botanical hyaluronic acid with Hälsa Glow CBD Luminous Facial Serum or Halsa Smile CBD Refresh Eye Creme. With both of these products you also get a range of botanical ingredients and broad spectrum hemp CBD to really take your skincare to the next nourishing level.