Did You Know This About Aloe Vera?
You’re likely familiar with the aloe plant - either as a beautiful potted plant indoors or out, or as a soothing treatment for sunburned skin. But do you know its benefits as a natural skincare ingredient?
Aloe grows naturally in arid climates and originated in the Arabian desert. The first known use was in Ancient Egypt where it was considered the plant of eternity and prized for its anti-inflammatory benefits. Through the centuries, it’s been used by different civilizations for a variety of medicinal, health and skincare purposes. The leaves of this succulent-like plant are filled with a clear gel that contains dozens of active compounds - vitamins, minerals, enzymes, even salicylic and amino acids. The polysaccharides help repair skin and encourage new cell growth.
Aloe Vera Benefits for Skin: Here’s How This Ancient Plant Can Benefit Your Modern Skin
- Moisturizing - Aloe hydrates the skin and locks in moisture. Because it’s not greasy, it’s good for those with oily or sensitive skin. With amino acids and minerals such as magnesium and calcium, it contributes to more vibrant looking skin.
- Anti-aging - It helps improve skin elasticity to fight sagging and increases collagen production for plump skin and healthy complexion. Rich in antioxidants like vitamins C and E, it also fights those pesky free radicals.
- Anti-inflammatory - It fights skin redness and irritation, and can be helpful for those with eczema or psoriasis
- Antibacterial - Aloe has antiseptic properties that fights infection and is a natural source of salicylic acid, which helps unclog pores and fight blackheads.
- Soothe irritation - Just as aloe soothes sunburn, it can help alleviate redness or irritated skin.
In Natural Skincare Products, Look For Aloe On Ingredients Lists
Clean beauty brand, Hälsa Botanicals makes adding aloe to your clean beauty routine as easy as 1-2-3:
- Hälsa Glow CBD Facial Serum In addition to aloe vera, this customer favorite includes several skincare superpower ingredients that provide moisturizing, anti-aging and anti-inflammatory benefits: hyaluronic acid, black currant, elderflower, honeysuckle, evening primrose and 500 mg of hemp CBD. Use daily on freshly washed skin, before applying moisturizer or night creme.
- Hälsa Dream CBD Night Creme There’s a reason this richly emollient night creme is called “enchanted”. With shea butter, squalane, CoQ10, frankincense, aloe and hemp CBD, Dream soothes and tightens skin. Apply Dream every night to freshly washed skin and rest easy.
- Hälsa Breathe CBD Arctic Kelp Facial Masque This masque is like a healing and invigorating vacation for your skin. With arctic algae and hemp CBD, combined with aloe, squalane, honeysuckle, eucalyptus and chamomile, Breathe draws toxins from the skin and leaves it clean, nourished and refreshed. Use weekly as part of your self care routine.
While aloe may not be the newest, trendiest natural skincare ingredient, after having been used for centuries, this clean beauty product has earned its place in your organic skincare routine. As the saying goes, “everything old is new again”.